Friday, August 29, 2008

Ready or not...here we come!

Well, school has officially begun. We have spent the last four days at my school trying to get the year off to a positive start. Schedules seem to be somewhat finalized, and students seem to be settling in. The first day I pulled the ten students we hoped would take the Globaloria class from their extra period (math enrichment), and I tried to "sell" the class to them, so they would, in turn, "sell" it to their parents. I was very excited when they returned to school the next day with signed permission forms and excited faces. All ten have decided to stay in the class, and all were given parental permission. The first day, we had no internet. The second day all students were able to complete their surveys. We have spent yesterday and today exploring the games on the wiki and talking about what features they like and dislike. I am very happy with my group. They are articulate and confident. Even though all aren't extremely comfortable with technology, all are willing to try with enthusiasm. I don't think we could ask for a better start!

No comments: